In accordance with the provisions of R.A. 9184, the following personnel are hereby designated as members of the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) of PSHS–CVC.
The members of the BAC therefore advised to familiarized themselves with the prescrived procurement process in accordance with the implementating rules and regulations of R.A. 9184.
Moreover, BAC functions shall be given utmost priority over all other duties (jury duty) while the bidding process in on–going.
Functions of the BAC
The BAC shall have the following functions:
- Advertise and/or post the invitation to bid/request for expressions of interest;
- Conduct pre–precurement and pre–bid conferences;
- Determine the eligibility of prospective bidders;
- Receive bids;
- Conduct the evaluation of bids;
- Undertake post–qualification proceedings;
- Resolve motions for reconsideration;
- Recommend award of contracts to the Head of the Procuring Entity or his duly authorized representative;
- Recommend the imposition of sanctions in accordance with Rule XXIII of R.A. 9184;
- Recommend to the Head of the Procuring Entity the use of Alternative Methods of Procurement as provided for in Rule XVI; and
- Perform such other related functions as may be necessary, including the creation of a Technical Working Group (TWG) from a pool of technical, financial, and/or legal experts to assist in the procurement process, particularly in the eligibility screening, evaluation of bids, and post–qualification.
The BAC shall be responsible for ensuring that the procuring entity abides by the standards set forth by the Act and the IRR, and it shall prepare a procurement monitoring report in the form prescribed by the GPPB. The procurement monitoring report shall cover all procurement activities specified in the APP, whether ongoing and completed, from the holding of the pre–procurement conference to the issuance of notice of award and the approval of the contract, including the standard and actual time for each major procurement activity. The procurement monitoring report shall be approved and submitted by the Head of the Procuring Entity to the GPPB in printed and electronic format within fourteen (14) calendar days after the end of each semester.
Functions of the BAC Secretariat
The Secretariat will serve as the main support unit of the BAC and shall have the following functions and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the BAC;
- Organize and make all necessary arrangements for BAC meetings and conferences;
- Prepare minutes of meetings and resolutions of the BAC;
- Take custody or procurement documents and other records;
- Manage the sale and distribution of Bidding Documents to interested bidders;
- Advertise and/or post bidding opportunities, including Bidding Documents, and notices of awads;
- Assist in managing the procurement processes;
- Monitor procurement activities and milestones for proper reporting to relevant agencies when required;
- Consolidate PPMPs from various units of the procuring entity to make them available for review as indicated in Section 7 of this IRR; and
- Act as the central channel of communications for the BAC with end users, PMOs, other units of the line agency, other government agencies, providers of goods, infrastructure projects, and consulting services, observers, and the general public.