Freshman Admission Processing System
- For APPLICANTS/Prospective Examinees/Parents/School Principal/Teachers
- Secure a copy of the application from any of the designated distribution centers: All PSHS System Campuses, DOST Regional Offices (RO), DOST Provincial Science & Technology Offices (PSTO's), and the Office of the Local Congressman. Application forms and information kits are also mailed to all accredited schools under the Department of Education.
- Read carefully the criteria for eligibility as well as the requirements for application. If the student is qualified, fill–up the appropriate boxes in the application form completely as instructed and submit the same to the School Principal or School Head for other information/signature/certification/endorsement. Erasures, corrections, and insertions to entries in the application form should have counter signed by the proper authority.
- Secure all other requirement: two (2) latest identical 1x1 ID pictures and copy of report card.
- Submit two (2) copies of the accomplished application forms together with the other requirements to the DOST–RO or the DOST–PSTO, the PSHSS Regional Campus Registrar or the PSHSS Admissions Office in Diliman, Quezon City for processing. Submission of the application forms by group is accepted.
- If application is filed within a PSHS Campus, a computer generated test permit is issued to the applicant upon completion of all requirements. Read carefully the instructions/reminders written at the bottom of the test permit.
- If Application if filed within DOST RO, DOST PSTO or mailed to the PSHS Admission Office, the applicant should wait for the test permit from either the nearest PSHSS Campus or to the Admission Office in Diliman, Quezon City. If you do not receive examination permit two (2) weeks before the exam, you may visit or call the nearest PSHS Campus or call PSHSS Admissions Office at Tel# (02)926-5701.
- For more information, please contact the PSHS–CVC Registrar at CP#0906-566-4240
- Free Tuition Fee
- Free loan of textbooks
- Monthly stipend
- Uniform, transportation and living allowances for low income groups
Criteria for Eligibility
A grade 6 pupil* from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply for the PSHS National Competitive Examination (NCE)
- belong to the upper 10% of the current class and does not have a grade below 80 as certified by the School Principal. If the applicant does not belong to the upper 10%, he/she should have special aptitude in science and math as supported by the report card, with at least a grade of 85 in Science and Math and 80 in all other subjects;
- be a Filipino citizen with no pending application as immigrant to any foreign country;
- be born on or after June 1, 2000;
- be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program;
- be of good conduct and behavior; and
- not have taken the PSHS NCE previously.
* i.e. in his/her 6yh year of basic elementary education (exclusive of kindergarten and preparatory school)
All applicants must submit the following to the PSHS Registrar's Office, or to the DOST offices and Provincial S&T centers:
- Fully accomplished Application Form in two (2) copies
- Two (2) identical recent 1x1 ID pictures
- Non–refundable test fee — for private school students — P100 — for Public schoool students — free
- Certified true copy of report card (SY 2015–2016) by the class adviser/principal.
- If the final grades in Science and Math are below 85% certification or proof that the child belongs to the upper 10% of the class.
Only one test will be administered, a scholastic aptitude test (known as National Competitive Examination) which is designed to measure Scientific Ability, Quantitative Ability, Abstract Reasoning and Verbal Aptitude. The NCE will be administered on October 22, 2016.
The deadline for filing of application is on September 2, 2016
The date of the Examinations is on October 22, 2016
Where to File Applications
Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Tel. No. (02) 929?1606 / 924–0614
Ilocos Region Campus
San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur
Tel. No. (077) 726?4190 to 91
Cagayan Valley Campus
Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya
Mobile No. 09065664240
Central Luzon Campus
Clark Freeport Zone, Angeles City
Tel. No. (045) 893?4357
Bicol Region Campus
Tagongtong, Goa, Camarines Sur
Tel. No. (054) 453?2048 / 453?1463
Western Visayas Campus
Jaro District, Iloilo City
Tel. No. (033) 329?5644 / 329?2011
Central Visayas Campus
Talaytay, Argao, Cebu
Tel. No. (032) 513?0957
Eastern Visayas Campus
Tel. No. (053) 323?5627 / 327?6192 / 323?5616
Central Mindanao Campus
Balo-i, Lanao, del Norte
Tel. No. (063) 836?0097 / 98
Southern Mindanao Campus
Tugbok District, Davao City
Tel. No. (082) 293?0002 / 0004
Cordillera Administrative Region Campus
Camp 8, Baguio City
Tel. No. (074) 442?1100
You may also file at DOST Regional Offices or at DOST Provincial Science and Technology Offices.